Why install a VoIP telephone exchange?
What is VoIP telephony?
VoIP (or Voice Over Internet Protocol) telephony uses a technique that allows for the transmission of voice and other media over IP networks. (Internet Protocol)
The voice is digitized and transmitted over the company's IP network like computer data. The shared network enables the deployment of applications that are innovative tools that contribute to the company's competitiveness.
ToIP (Telephony Over IP) creates solutions for IP telephony.
What advantages does an IP telephony system offer?
This kind of telephony presents a wide range of advantages over classic telephony, known as analog or digital:
- Simplified installation and maintenance: a single network means a single cable, one subscription and low maintenance.
- Simplified organization of telework through the portability of IP addresses: the worker travels with his terminal and plugs it in wherever he wants on the network.
- Easy movement of offices on the same network.
- Reduction of telecommunications costs: your outgoing calls cost less because your subscription goes through a SIP operator who will offer special rates by bundling your voice and data lines. (In addition to a significant reduction in subscription costs, you will save up to 60% on your external communication costs). You pay nothing for communications within the company, even for those working remotely.
- Save time and money: business trips are no longer necessary. Certain face-to-face situations are replaced by calls with multimedia capabilities (audio and video conferencing).
- Optimization of your work spaces: install or uninstall IP telephone terminals easily and with no additional costs.
Flexibility and productivity
- Greater flexibility of the company's telephone system: the system adapts easily and inexpensively to changing needs: in most cases, this is done with a simple addition of licenses.
- Efficiency: integration of your business applications.
- Fixed-mobile convergence: more collaboration, more mobility. Through the interconnection of mobile phones with the company's landlines, your GSMs are permanently linked to the IPBX platform by 3G and/or WiFi. (Learn more about the MMC)
- Manual or automatic routing of incoming calls, according to your Outlook calendar.
- Increased availability for your clients: you can be reached anywhere, even while traveling. The one number feature allows you to be reached at a single number, no matter where you are, on any terminal linked to the platform.
- You will also get a combination of internal numbers for all company sites.
- Improved client relationships through the interfacing of your CRM:
- The telephone system allows you to pull up the customer record: this is automatically displayed on your screen when a call comes in from a known number.
- CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) offers many other services that will help with efficiency at the individual and group levels.
- Expansion capabilities with IP peripherals:
Learn more about CTI
> What does a CTI link do?
> 10 questions to ask when choosing a VoIP solution
> Download the Mitel document:
Voice over IP - More than just telephony for SME's
Switching over to VoIP?